Wednesday, September 13, 2006

We need your prayers....

Yesterday while at the hospital I started chilling really bad and then spiked a temp of 103! I felt like I had been hit by a train. Turns out I have mastitis(a breast infection). The docs insist that I stay home and in bed for a day or so. I am taking an anibiotic. Please pray that this clears up quickly and that I have a better milk supply afterward.

My favorite NICU doc called this morning to insist I stay home and in bed and keep pumping for my girls. But she also delivered a little bad and scary news. Maggie has been having intermittent high blood pressure. She says she isn't too worried about it yet and will keep a close watch on it but that if it continues they will call in a cardiologist and get her on some medication because they don't want her heart working so hard. Her heart sounds fine and it is probably just a preemie issue but Chet and I are scared to death nonetheless. Please continue to pray for our precious girls and for Mom and Dad's sanity. We are both sick with worry.

There is a little good news...both girls took their bottles pretty good yesterday. Maggie took all but 10 cc's and Natalie took about 25 cc's. That is much better than they have been doing!

Thank you and I will update as soon as there is any new news.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Rest up! I had mastitis and it remains the sickest I have EVER been. I was throwing up and feverish. 24 hrs on an antibiotic and you will feel a lot better. To prevent it from coming on again during the time I was pumping I always made sure my breast were soft after I pumped no matter how long I pumped for, they needed to be totally empty. If I felt a hard spot coming on I would push it out and pump extra (it hurt a lot). After I learned to be extra careful I was able to prevent it from coming on again. Hope that helps, I have a lot of sympathy for you it is painful! ((HUGS)) Another MOMO mom.