Saturday, September 02, 2006

Update...




The first pic is me and Natalie and I was crying, I just couldn't help it I was so happy to hold them. The 2nd I am feeding Maggie and the last is Daddy and Maggie.

Both girls of course lost a few ozs but are already going back up. They had their 1st feeds today thru the gastric tube and then this afternoon I got to bottle feed both of them!! It felt so good to have my babies in my arms. I got very emotional as you can see from the pic. My milk isn't in yet but I have a little colostrum that they are mixing w/formula for now. Neither one of them took much from the bottle so they were given the rest thru the gastric tubes but they did great for their first time. I am so in love with these babies!! There are no words to describe my feelings.
I was feeling great last night and this morning but I think I over did it today and I had a rough afternoon. Chet made me get in the bed for a few hours and I am feeling better now but still need to take it easy. We just took some breast milk to the NICU and told the girls good night, so I will try to get some sleep now. Yes Kim, Thank GOD for PAINKILLERS!!! Thanks for your comments. Pam thank you too. It is always nice to hear from someone from the momo boards!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am so thrilled to see your beautiful girls and see another dedicated momo mom made it! I certainly understand your emotion as you were holding here for the first time, I will never forget how it felt to have my girls SAFE IN MY ARMS! Anyway, I had a terrible time sleeping while my girls were in the NICU ambien helped a bit!~ CONGRATULATIONS!! you have done so well and should be proud. Two beautiful healthy little girls, great weights too!