Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mixed emotions..going home..

First off let me correct the pictures in the previous posts, please excuse my painkiller induced fog....Maggie is on my right with the hat on and Natalie is on my left.

No new pics right now but I will post more later.

Today is going home day for Mom. I have been crying on and off since midnight. I am so homesick but leaving my girls here is very emotional. I like being able to walk down the hall in the middle of the night to see them. I know once I get home and in a routine it will be easier but it is so hard right now.

They both had a little setback yesterday. Their heartrates kept dropping so they put their oxygen back on and then started them on caffeine neither of which helped. It seems to be a feeding issue. They have reflux. So they now have a thickener added to my milk or the formula and it is put into their gastric tube via a timed pump. Twice a day they are either bottle or breastfed or at least attempted. Nursing was so awesome!! There mouths are so tiny they can't hardly do it but they sure did try. I will nurse them today at 3 and then go home. Pray for me.

I will give more updates later and pictures.
Thank you all for you kind comments and for thinking of and praying for out family!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Leaving my girls at the hospital was really tough for me too, but it you will get through it. Relux is common so just keep having them watch it because meds for that helped us a lot. Also my girls were on and off the nasal canula for a while don't let that discourage you. If they don't have to work so hard on that they can focus on other more important progress. Great job with the nursing, let us know how it goes :) We (your MOMO moms) are all routing for you !