Friday, September 01, 2006

Natalie and Maggie are here!!


They were born @ 9:22 and 9:23. First Natalie came out weighing in at 4lbs 11 ozs and 16 and a half inches long. Then Maggie quickly followed weighing 5 lbs 11ozs and 16 inches long. They are both in the NICU to stay warm and Maggie is having a little breathing problem but they are both on oxygen only. If Natalie continues doing so well she will completely be off of it tomorrow. Maggie wasn't doing too good when she was born and it seemed like forever before she started crying. Natalie was crying before they even got her out of me!! They are so beautiful! They look a lot alike but the 6 oz. weight difference makes a big difference and right now it makes it easier to tell who is who. I got to hold Natalie around 6 tonight and I was in heaven. They still won't let us hold Maggie because of her breathing issues and she doesn't need to be stimulated. I pray she is doing much better tomorrow and we get to hold them both.

I only slept 3 hours last night and it is catching up with me. Although part of that could be because of the great painkillers they are giving me. I have been up 3 times today and each time it gets a little easier.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I am going to attempt to post some pics. Here is one pic. I will write more and post more pics later but I am going to see my girls again in a few minutes and then I am going to try to sleep for a while.

No comments: