Wednesday, August 16, 2006

US today



Bri's first day of 2nd grade!!!

First thing this morning my nurse came in and said my US was canceled because the tech has strep throat! Bummer!! But they got me in with Maternal Fetal Medicine here at the hospital which is where I had the US the night I came into the ER and we found out we were having twins. I was mostly having an US to see the cords and do a doppler flow on them to see how the blood was flowing through them. But I told the tech I really wanted to know how much they weigh, so she did growth on them too. Natalie is ready to come out! Her head is so low behind my pubic bone that she couldn't even measure her head or see it very well. So her measurements are a little off because they factor in femur length, abdomen circumfirence and head circumfirence to get the weight. Without her head circumfirence her weight calculated to 3.34 lbs. Which we know is inconsistent with two weeks ago when she weighed 3.2lbs. Maggie weighed 3.99lbs!!! So considering that they both have weighed within 2-3 ozs. of each other this whole pregnancy more than likely they both weigh around 4lbs. give or take a few ozs.!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeee!!!! No wonder I am so miserable. I have close to 8 lbs. of baby in me at 32 weeks.
I still haven't been able to pin down a date from my doctor and he was off today. I will be calling his nurse in the morning to ask her to remind him and give the days that I would prefer. Hopefully I can report that day to you tomorrow.
Talk at you all later!!!

No comments: