Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Catch up..

I don't really have too much to tell but wanted to share my heartattack from last Friday. Maggie had a deceleration! I was having a long contraction while on the monitor and suddenly I could hear her heartrate drop. It dropped down to 80 and at first I thought well maybe she just moved and came off of the monitor. I kept watching it and realized that she was on there and her heartrate was flucuating from 80 to 90 for what seemed like forever. Just when I was about to call my nurse she came rushing in and said flip over on your left side. Like it is that easy with pillows all around me and being as big as a house, yes, I will just flip right over!!
Somehow with the nurses helped I got flipped and in the process knocked a full cup of water over into my bed!! By this time Maggie was completely off of the monitor and the last thing on my mind was how wet I was. The nurse started moving the little device around my belly and it took about 20 seconds or so but seemed much longer for her to find her again and her heartrate was coming up. By this time I needed CPR and clean sheets and clothes!! I ended up staying on the monitor another hour and a half and both girls did fine. Needless to say I was sick the rest of the evening, between my upset stomach and backache from having to be tied down to the monitor that long, and headache from sheer stress. So far no more decels below 110 from either baby since Friday. I sure hope that doesn't happen again. I think I aged 10 years in 5 minutes. I am glad to know that my nurse was watching from the nurses station though and was right on it. I guess I am in the best place. Let's pray for no more decels!!! So far so good....

No comments: