Wednesday, August 09, 2006

More pre-term labor...

Contractions started again this afternoon, one on top of the other. Yes, I got another shot!!! I hate that stuff!! The shakes were not as bad this time but my heartrate shot up. The nurse said it better stop the contractions because they can't give me another shot since my heartrate went up. Thank goodness the contractions did stop but the shot left me feeling baddddddd. I could feel my heartbeating all over my body. The good news is the girls did great through all of the contractions. Yay!! Dr. Pridham came in to see me about an hour or so after the shot and said he was going to go ahead and start me on the procardia to prevent the contractions. He said the further along I get the worse they are going to get and we need to prevent them instead of stopping them after they start. Also, the procardia shouldn't make me feel bad. They start you on a very low dose and slowly increase it as needed. Well, that is the excitement for today. I don't know how much more I can take in the next 4 weeks. 31 weeks tomorrow!

No comments: