Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A scare yesterday!

Not with the girls but with me. I didn't feel well all day and I was very sleepy. The nurse put a note on my door "do not disturb" and told me to sleep if that is what I felt like. So I pretty much did on and off all afternoon. I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual but didn't really think much of it until I went on the monitor around 4. I had 3 or 4 contractions in about 40 minutes and my nurse came in and asked me if I was feeling them and had I been drinking plenty and did I need to pee????? Yes I felt them! Yes, I always drink a lot and I peed before I got on the monitor but I could probably go again. I was on the phone with my Mom and started with a really strong contraction and I had to hang up. The nurse said go pee. So I did and hooked myself back up to the monitor and climbed in bed and another contraction started. My nurse came back in and said that she had paged the doc and was waiting for them to call back. She came back about 5 minutes later with a shot of terbutaline(sp?). It is to stop contractions. By this time I was having them one on top of the other. Got the shot and they stopped almost immediately but boy does that stuff make you feel bad. My heart started racing and then I got nauseas and started shaking like I was freezing to death. Horrible feeling!!! My nurse came in to take me off of the monitor about 20 minutes later because I wasn't having any contractions and they wanted me to eat and drink lots of water. It took me a good ten minutes to get out of bed because I was shaking so bad. I managed to eat a little and drank lots of water. The shaking continued for about an hour and a half and I had about 2 contractions during that time. I had several wake me up during the night and this morning I am averaging about 1 an hour but that has been normal for me this whole pregnancy. I sure hope I don't have to deal with this for the next several weeks because I am so scared they are going to make me stay in the bed! These babies have to stay in for at least 3 or 4 more weeks! It has been one thing after another!!! I haven't seen the doctor yet this morning. I am wondering if they will want to do an US to check my cervix again after all of those contractions. I will update when I know. Please keep praying for us!

No comments: