Sunday, July 16, 2006

1st week flew by...

I am really surprised how fast time goes by in here. Especially since I get up so early, usually around 7:20 or so. They bring breakfast by 8. The nurses come in between 9 and 9:30 to take vital signs and put me on the monitor. The nutritionist comes in to take my lunch, dinner and breakfast order for the next day and housekeeping comes all before 10 o 10:30. The doctor doing rounds comes between 11 and 12 and I try to shower and dress between 10:30 and 11:30. Lunch is here between 12 and 1 and I am back on the monitor between 3 and 4:30 and dinner is here at 5ish. The hardest time for me is waiting for Chet to come in because he has been working late and not getting here until 7:30 or 8. I am usually starving then because the food is not so great here. Some things are really good but some are really bad!!! LOL! Even if the food is good, I still get hungry because the portions are usually so small. Dang I am eating for 3 people!! I try to take a walk in the afternoon and again in the evening after Chet gets here. I have read 3 books and about 15 magazines so far. I have done lots of scrapbooking and crosswords and word searches. I spend more time flipping on the TV than watching anything, although I have watched a few good movies.

A very nice gentleman from church came today to serve communion and pray. I was really impressed. I have had people come in to pray with me everyday. I wish to give a great big thank you to all of you who are praying for me and these babies and our family. I truly feel blessed.

The babies are doing great on the monitors. Maggie has given us a few scares because she hides and sometimes it takes a long time to find her. I usually don't get too freaked out because I can feel her moving but Chet gets sick and has to leave the room. Dr. Koontz is supposed to do an ultrasound on Tuesday. I can't wait to see how much they have grown.

I want to thank all of you that have prayed, come by to visit, sent gifts, sent emails or replied to our blog. You are such a blessing to our family.

Until next time....

No comments: