Thursday, July 20, 2006

The girls are growing!

They have both gained 4 ozs. in 13 days! So they are 2.8 lbs. and 2.9 lbs. For 28 weeks that is pretty good. They are both measuring right at 28 weeks and are in the 40th percentile. I think I may need to eat more ice cream. They were growing faster before I was in the hospital. You don't realize how you take for granted being able to go the kitchen any time you feel like a snack. Last week I didn't gain any weight. I can tell I am not having my regular between meal and before bedtime snacks. Friday is weigh in day, so we will see if I gained any this week. If not I am going to get Chet to bring me some ice cream to keep in the nurses fridge. Actually he is bringing me some ice cream tonight! Hee! Hee!

Maggie's right kidney is the one that is so big but it hasn't increased hardly any in the last month! Yes! Keep those prayers going folks! Natalie's left kidney has increased some but her's isn't near as bad as Maggie's. They both have one kidney that looks good. Their bladders look good and there is plenty of amniotic fluid so that means they are urinating. Another good sign. The tech said their cords look great. I take that with a grain of salt though. I have learned from the monoamniotic boards that they think they look good on the US but when they are born it is a different story. I will trust the monitoring for that. They did great today on the morning and afternoon monitoring. I am still averaging about 2 contractions per hour but the US showed my cervix looks good. She said it was about 4.5 cm. but I think it was 6 something last time. I was going to ask when she reviewed the past reports but we were talking about their kidneys and I forgot. But overall everything looks great!

My strep culture came back negative! What? The nurse said it must be viral but they are keeping me on the penicillin for precaution. I have felt pretty crummy today. Headachey, throat really sore and scratchy and really tired. I layed around in bed until 11 today and layed around dozing this afternoon before and after monitoring too. I hope I feel much better tomorrow.

That's about it for now. Please keep praying for our family and these precious baby girls. Thank you all!

Here's a pic of me on the monitor a couple of nights ago! Chet's right, I do look like a duplex!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jobrimom/monitoring28wks.jpg

No comments: