Monday, October 30, 2006

Busy, busy, busy.....

I know it has been a while but I have been very busy and sleep deprived!! I had a terrible scare with Maggie last Thursday. She projectile vomited across the room and it came out her nose and she wasn't breathing for what seemed like forever! I kept trying to clear her mouth and stimulate her and it just kept coming out of her nose. Yes, I panicked!!! I was screaming and crying for her to breath and about to call 911 but I knew it would be too late by the time they arrived. She did finally catch her breath. I cried for hours that day. I took her to the doc because they wanted to make sure that she didn't aspirate any into her lungs and thank goodness she was clear. They said I did all the right things and gave me a few more pointers for if it happens again. They added rice cereal to her bottles for a thickener and it does seem to be helping if we can get her to eat it. She just isn't even interested in food at all. I really worry about this wee one. I have never been so scared in my life. I just pray that her reflux gets better soon and that she gets an appetite. It takes forever just to get 2.5 ozs. in her. You have to coax her the whole way. But in 8 days she did gain 10 ozs. So the docs aren't too concerned at this point. They go for their 2 month check up on Wednesday and I am anxious to see how much she gains in 6 days.

Natti B we don't have to worry about her eating!!! She lives for food!!! I bet she weighs close to 10 lbs. by Wednesday. She is so filled out and chunky and cuddly!! I should know, she spends a lot of time in bed with me!!!! She likes to be close to me. Hey, whatever it takes for sleep!!!

I have new pics but they aren't downloaded right now. I will try to post them soon.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. I ask that you please continue to pray for their kidney issue. They go on 11-30 for the tests to diagnose them. It will be an all day event and we are not looking forward to it. Also, please remember Maggie especially in yours prayers. Pray that the poor baby learns to love food soon!!!

Love you all,
The Reinle 6!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad to see you are making it through the sleepless nights! I am thinking of you for your Kidney issues. IT's so busy at this time, it gets better I promise.

Laura (another MOMO mom)