Wednesday, October 04, 2006

2 appointments down this week...

We had the US's yesterday and I won't even get into what a fiasco that turned out to be! I could see myself that there was no change in their kidney status but they wouldn't tell us anything.
Today we saw the pediatrician and confirmed my fears that Maggie hasn't gained any weight this week. Doc agreed that it is probably reflux causing some of her problem and put her on prevacid. Poor thing projectile vomited this afternoon and it came out of her nose and she was choking and screaming and I cried with her. It just breaks my heart to see her in pain and not able to eat good. I pray this medicine helps.
Natalie is up to 6.12lbs! I knew she was getting close to 7 lbs. She seems so much bigger than Maggie but it is only a pound. Amazing what a difference one little pound makes.
Doc did say that the hydronephrosis was confirmed by US and something about dilated ureters in Maggie, I don't really understand and didn't ask a lot of ?'s because I would rather discuss it with the urologist on Monday. She did say that this does not mean that they will have to have a kidney removed. As long as the diseased kidney isn't causing problems there is no reason to remove it. That is a relief because I thought surgery was inevitable. Still I will feel better after talking w/the urologist. Please pray about this.
Maggie is still scheduled to see the cardiologist on Friday to check her blood pressure and the little heart defect. Hopefully it is closing up on it's own like it is supposed to. Poor thing has enough to deal with.
They are at risk for RSV and will be getting the shots this winter. They cost approximately $20,000!!!!!!!!!!!! Please pray that insurance will cover most of this cost. We are covered by my insurance, but since I am not going back to work will be picking up Chet's co. insurance. I am so afraid they won't want to cover much on the girls because they will say it is pre-existing. I guess we will know soon enough. If it isn't one worry it is another.
Thanks Kim and Stacy for your comments. Stacy I hope your little one is doing o.k.
Sorry to be long winded.......more pics later.

No comments: