Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Rough day

Nattie had her stent removed yesterday and did very well w/the procedure. She slept alot when we got home and didn't eat much and was overall just kind of a blob but she sure was a sweet blob. Mommy and Daddy got a lot of cuddle time in with her. She went down really easy last night but woke me up about 1:45 a.m. crying and before I could get to her I heard her cough and just knew that she vomited. Yep! She was so pitiful. I cleaned her up and gave her to Daddy while I change the crib. I guess you Moms of twins know what I am talking about, but have you ever tried changing a crib in very little to no light because you don't want to wake the baby that is sleeping?? I don't recommend cleaning up barf by touch!!! YUCK!!! After that she was up and down all night. She didn't eat much all day either. While doing my morning "is there a tooth in there yet?" check, I discovered a tooth in both girls mouths!!! Woo! Hoo!!!! Finally they both have a tooth! But man can those little boogers cause a lot of drama. Maggie cried all day long! Nattie ran a fever most of the day and when she wasn't whining she was lethargic. I hope the fever has nothing to do with the stent removal yesterday. My discharge instructions say to call the doc if she had a fever above 101.4, which she did, but because of the tooth and the fact that Maggie was such a bear too I thought it was just teething. We will see how tonight goes but we may be seeing the urologist tomorrow. I find one of the hardest thing about being a Mom is knowing when to call the doc and when to just ride it out. Do I call and they have me come in and the child is miracuously cured the minute you get into the docs office or do we wait and risk ending up in the ER over night??? Most of the time I end up paying a co-pay that I would have rather spent elsewhere. Let's hope tonight I made the right choice. Until tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

so sorry to hear about your rough night! poor baby! i'm glad they finally got teeth! i too find it difficult to decide on whether to take them in or wait it out. most of the time i have been right and they have ear infections or something, but there have been a few instances when i went for nothing. oh well, it's hard to listen to your baby cry and not know how to soothe them. anyway, i hope it is just the teeth too.

Claremont First Ward said...

I hope you made the right choice tonight. I find myself in the same predicament all the time. I'm so sorry for the terrible night, and hope for a better one tonight.

Debra said...

I find myself second guessing myself so much about when to call or go into the dr's!

I hope they all feel better tonight. Teething stinks! My boys just went through a week of getting up 3-4 times a night and then a new tooth popped in. I hope tonight is a night full of sleep for BOTH our households!!

let us know what the urologist says!