Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Update on Maggie....

Maggie is a trooper!! She did great!! The surgery took about 3 hours, a long 3 hours for Mom and Dad. Her ureter was completely blocked. It also went into the kidney at the top of her kidney not where it should so they had to move that to the correct place. They removed lots of damaged tissue from her kidney. He said it was HUGE! They took out probably more than a baseball size amount. They wouldn't let her eat last night and she would not rest. Finally Chet and I demanded to feed her about midnight and she ate and went to sleep. She slept on and off last night and ate on and off. Early this morning she developed a low-grade fever that they are keeping an eye on. The doc said to get her up a lot today and if the fever stays below 102 she can go home this afternoon. They took the catheter out a few hours ago and she is filling up diapers!! So please continue to keep her in your prayers and I will update as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad to hear you made it through this first hurtle. I am hoping for a speedy recovery. I am so glad she is back in your arms, waiting while you precious child is in surgery is agony! ((HUGS)). I will keep checking for updates. I hope this makes her feel so much better, it should. Poor sweetheart!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so happy to hear what a trooper Maggie is! I had oral surgery on Monday and thought of you and Maggie all day. Praying her fever stays down and she gets to come home!!!

Debra said...

I cannot even imagine having to go through this. Poor little girl (and mom and dad!!) I hope she is doing better now!