Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Maggie's home!

Getting sleepy!

Feeling well enough to play for a few minutes.


Nothing would do but Mommy! Look how sad her eyes look!



A wagon ride to get her to sleep. Worked like a charm!





We got home today about 11:30am after a terrible, long night. Maggie's IV came out yesterday and they thought she was going home so they left it out. Late in the evening when we were still waiting to hear from the doctor the nurse came and told us that she had a UTI and that was the reason for the fever and they were worried she would become septic so they wanted to keep her one more night and give her IV antibiotics. So later in the evening, after she had fallen asleep, they came in to put the IV in. God it is so hard to watch your baby screaming while they are doing something like that to her. They finally got it in and gave her pain meds thru it along with the antibiotic. They also stuck her finger for a CBC. And would you believe the nurse dropped her blood into the sharps box??!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! They left the room and just when I finally got her back to sleep another nurse came in and said we have to stick her again!!! I was ready to kill somebody!!!!!! For some reason Maggie's blood was very thin and when they stuck her she bled like crazy especially the 2nd time. It looked worse than it was I know but blood was everywhere, all up her arm, on her blankets, all over the nurse and Maggie was screaming!! They finally got everything done to her but neither one of us slept much all night. The doc woke us at 7 to tell us she could go home!!

You thought that was bad?? I'm not finished yet. We get home and I change a poopy diaper and see something white that looks like a wire hanging out of her and I FREAK!! I called the doc and they told us to bring her in because it is the stint coming out. It rarely ever happens. Of course it happened to Maggie. After an agonizing half hour of her screaming while they were trying to poked that thing back up in her with a catheter, pee and blood and poop going everywhere, they finally got it in. My poor sweety is absolutely exhausted after the last 24 hours. She has cried so much and so have I. She slept alot this afternoon and evening and is sleeping soundly right now. She has been eating well since we have been home. I knew she would eat better once she got back on home turf.

We are so glad to be back home. I missed Bri and little Nattie terribly. Hopefully the worst of it all is over with. Please continue to pray for her. Mostly for a quick recovery and total healing of the kidney and ureter.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Angie-You have both been through the ringer! I cannot imagine anything worse than watching your baby cry! I can't believe the nurse threw her blood away by accident. Even harder to have to deal with the stint coming out! I always have wierd things like that happen to me, when it "never" happens. I will continue my prayers for you guys! I hope you both get some much needed rest and she recovers a bunch every day! ((HUGS)) Thanks for the update, I was checking in.

Laura said...

I forgot to add how cute she looked in all the pics. Just want to hug her up~

Debra said...

Wow mom, you guys have been through so much. Thank goodness she is so small and will forgot all this quickly. I will continue to pray for her and that everything heals up quickly.