Monday, February 04, 2008

Sad day in our family, The passing of Moose

We lost our sweet Moose E. Poo Poo a week ago Saturday. Actually he died before that but that is the day that we found him. He died a tragic death. He fell in a hole that we think is there to place a street light in. I don't know if there was water in it and he drowned or he just couldn't get out and froze to death. I am more sad about how he died than him dying. Of course I hate that he is gone but it just sickens me to think that he suffered for however long he did before dying. Brianna was devastated! We got him just before she turned 2 and Moose was 2 at the time. So she always thought it funny that her and Moose were the same age. She cried alot but seems to be doing o.k. now. Here are some old pics that I dug out. I plan on making her a photo album as soon as I can locate more pics. There are lots missing, probably still packed up somewhere.

Here's Bri fresh out of the bathtub loving on Moose sometime within a few

weeks of us getting him.


We were trying to get changed but Moose wouldn't stay down from the

changing table.

I Love this pic! Moose in the babydoll crib and Bri's nekid butt in the
background. She was getting some panties out of her drawer. You can barely see him in this pic, but he is snuggled in her arms.

These are here at the new house.




The twins were well on their way to loving him just as much as Bri and I.













5 comments:

Laura said...

This just breaks my heart. I know how much animals become a part of your family and to loose your special cat this way is so hard. I am SO sorry. Give Bri lots of extra hugs (poor girl).

girlytwins said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Moose. He looked like he adored Bri and vice versa. I know how hard it is to loose a pet and my heart hurts for you right now. So sorry.

Debra said...

I am so sorry. Poor Bri. It is so hard to learn the lesson on losing loved ones.. pets included!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

poor bri, i feel so sorry for her. moose looks like a great cat that took care of her owners.

jenni anne said...

oh, i'm so sorry. he looks like a very loving part of the family. big hugs to you all, especially little bri.