Monday, September 10, 2007

I've been tagged!

O.K. so I have been tagged and I am supposed to tell 8 interesting things about myself. I am not sure if I know 8 interesting things about my self. Ha! Ha!

1) I love houses! I love them so much that I dream about them all the time. I have a recurring dream about an old Victorian House that I live in. I am hoping that maybe it is in my future. I love to go to realtor.com and just look at pics of houses.

2) Speaking of dreams, I have dreams that come true. Kind of like daja vu but it happens to me alot!! There have been alot of things in my life that have occurred that I just knew before it happened that it was going to. You know like maybe you answer the phone and know who it is before you answer it. One example, and I am hesitant to give this one because my family reads this but, I always had a feeling my whole life that something was going to happen to my Daddy. My Dad died at 50 w/complications related to kidney disease and it was a totally unexpected death. The disease didn't kill him it was complications related to a lot of different things due to medical negligence. The morning I got the phone call telling me to come home, I knew before I answered the phone that it was my about my Daddy. I was crying before I even answered it.

3) I have always wanted 4 children. Due to my infertility and miscarriages I never thought I would get them. I knew when I got pregnant w/the twins it was probably my last pregnancy. So imagine my delight at finding out I was having twins. I got my four kids!

4) I am copying from some of the others that were tagged here but "I LOVE seafood!" Especially shrimp and lobster!!! YUMMY!!

5) Chet and I met in Panama City, FL. He is from Louisville, KY and I am from East TN. 2 months after we met I moved to Louisville and we were enagaged 2 months later and married 3 months after getting engaged. I had just come out of a 10 year marriage and swore I would never marry again!! Sheesh! I ate those words!! We have now been married for 11.5 years!

6) Back to food, I love chocolate and anything sweet!! Red velvet cake and Cheesecake Factory Cheescake are my faves!!

7) I love the beach. I wish I could afford to have a 2nd home on the East coast somewhere. I wouldn't want to live there permenantly though because I love the change of seasons. But to me the seaside is healing. I would like to have some of that medicine right now!

8) My favorite season is Fall. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I always build myself up for a big Christmas and end up a little depressed. I think because I have memories of these wonderful family Christmases when I was kid and they never seem to be like that now. I guess because I know too much and I have to do too much now. It's just not the same. My Mom made Christmas great and I have tried to do the same for my kids. My grown son still loves Chistmas too. Of course for obvious reasons who couldn't love Christmas? But I am talking about the trees, lights, food, family, gifts, etc....

There are the only 8 things I could come up with. Most of them were more about my likes and dislikes but at least they were things about me. Maybe not interesting but things about me.!

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

This was so much fun to read. I too build Christmas up and then am a little disappointed when everything doesn't turn out perfectly. This year I'm really going to try to not get so uptight.

I love seafood, too. Well, I should amend that to I like some fish and LOVE shell fish. Lobster, scallops and shrimp......Yummy!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

i foudn those interesting as well!! great job! i'm glad i do not dream as you do, i wouldn't want to know what was going to happen in most cases. i love christmas as well.

Debra said...

I do the same thing at Christmas too!! It is really hard being away from my family (parents and siblings) that time of year too. I know my 4 sisters and their families do the get together at my parents Christmas Eve like we always did at my Grandma's growing up. (when she died, the tradition moved to my mom who the "Grandma" then). Last year, since we were quarentined with the twins, we started a new tradition. We order pizza in on Christmas Eve and go see a movie on Christmas Day. It REALLY helps since we simplified it.

I loved reading about you! You are very interesting!!