Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby Dedication

We are having the girls dedicated at our church on February 10th. We are christian and this is a ceremony that our church does for babies every 3 months. So there will be a bunch of babies. We are excited about it though. It is kind of like their debut! I took some pics here at home yesterday of them in their christening gowns but they didn't turn out very good. I will post one or two when I can.
O.K. I decided to nix the oatmeal for now and the rice went back in the bottles. Neither of them were sleeping good without the rice and the oatmeal was just too hard on their tummies. I don't think they are ready for solids yet. I am going to wait another month or so and try again. The good news is that they are taking more ozs. in a day now than they were a week ago and the best news is NATTI SLEPT ALL NIGHT 3 NIGHTS IN A ROW!!!!! Please God let it continue!! The bad news is that they are not napping well at all during the day and it makes for extremely grumpy babies. I am not sure how to remedy this problem. I do have them both down right now and just pray that they sleep for a couple of hours. They really need an afternoon nap whether they think so or not! Ha! Ha!
I will post some pics later!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am glad to hear that Nattie slept through the night, don't let her go back now :) I am big on teaching nap schedules and I believe that putting the baby or in your case babies down at the same time everyday is key in getting a good nap, putting them down before they are too overtired, and being willing to let them cry it out a bit. It will take time but if you do this eventually they will nap at the same time every day, you will have a break and they will be much happier babies. Email me if you want anymore tips on this. It took some time to get the nap schedule down but it has truly saved my sanity in the long run! It's worth missing things because its nap time and its worth of few weeks of stress "teaching" them to do it!

As for the solids, I would totally wait. My girls were not introduced till 7 1/2 months and even then they needed time to adjust. Anyway, hope both babies begin sleeping for me that was a turning point in my life! When I could get some sleep I was a whole new woman!