Friday, December 08, 2006

Nothing new really...


The urologist office called on Monday and Maggie has another UTI. My suspicion is that she never got rid of the last one she had and probably won't get rid of this one at least not for long either. Not with urine just sitting in her kidney and not draining. So I decided to go ahead with the next scan in January but I do want a long term plan from the doc after that.

Monday night was the Mother/Daughter Christmas tea at church. We left Dad with the twins alone for the first time!!! and according to him the last time!! He says I can do it but I have to have Bri's help too. He said "how do you do it by yourself?" My reply of course, "I don't have a choice!" There is no other option so suck it up!!! and get it done!!!

On the way to the tea Bri and I were listening to Christmas music and singing along when I looked in the mirror she was grinning from ear to ear and I asked what she was smiling about. She told me nothing 3 times and finally the last time I said come on tell me what you are smiling about and she said "I just you love you that's all!" Awwwwwwwww..... Made my day!!! I just love that kid too!! All evening she kept telling me "Mommy you are so pretty and I love you so much"!! I guess she needed some one on one Mommy time. For so long it was me and her and then her world got turned upside down. We had a great time and Dad took a pic by the tree before we left. I just got all my hair cut off! It makes my head look huge, hee, hee! Or maybe my head was already huge. I gotta get this weight off!! Maybe after the winter when we can come out of hibernation!!!

Thanks for your replies Laura, Kim and Stacy!! Your support really helps me along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, for some mom and daughter time to yourselves!!!! i noticed that my older two behave soo much better when it is just me and them. i guess they all need that alone time no matter how old they are. i'm so sorry maggie has another uti, like you said, it does make sense. hopefully things look better in january. i will be praying for all of you. i hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair cut! It's nice to do something for yourself. I remember wondering if I needed to buy make up anymore I was wearing it so little after I had the twins, and I am person who never went without make up. Life changes...

My kids all do better with one on one time. My husband was fairly good about knowing he should help out but that didn't mean it was easy for him to do it. When my twins were little he would always go a bit nuts when he was alone with them. I tried to not let that bug me, he needed to know just how much I was doing.
By the way swaddling helped my girls a lot too. I had never done it with my other babies so I thought it was overrated. But then I realized they were always swaddled in the NICU and they were used to it. A good friend of mine came over and helped me get the hang of it and we did it for a long long time!

Hope you had a good weekend. We don't even have out "big" tree decorated yet. I am very behind this year on everything.

Bri sounds like such a sweetheart!