Friday, November 10, 2006

Recovering nicely....

according to the pediatrician! He changed their breating treatment meds thinking the albuterol may be why they aren't sleeping well. Also, he did say to give them some benadryl tonight. They have been awake pretty much all day so I am hoping with the med changes that they sleep tonight.

Good news! Even thru all this sickness and not eating Maggie has gained weight! She weighs 7.15lbs!!! We are about to break 8 lbs!!! Natalie weighs 9.6, so she didn't gain as much which I knew because she has really not eaten much for a week. If you don't look closely they are really hard to tell apart now.

Keith thanks for the aquaphor suggestion and yes I have tried it. The problem is that the skin is oozy and nothing will stick to it. I bought some more stuff tonight with a higher zinc concentration in it. The doc suggested it. We shall see. They also cut back her antibiotic so maybe her stomach will calm down. And I am putting rice back in her bottles again for the reflux and it kind of constipates her. Surely she will plug up soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted twice but niether came up so I am trying again! OK Angie it does get better I promise! You have had it rough with RSV etc... I am so sorry you went through all that, that your sweeties had to too! It does get better, I still have sleepless nights from time to time but rarely is it my twins unless they get sick. At your stage I often wondered if I had the strength to keep doing it all, it was completely and totally exhausting! When they get sick now and I am constantly on call all day holding, feeding changing and then not sleeping and get a reminder of the old days and just think I could never go back! I don't know how I got through it but I did and so will you. Being a mother of twins, preemies is a BIG job, you have a lot to be proud of. Anyway, keep up the good work. I hope things are well now. Check out our blog at: http://www.http://our-munchkins.blogspot.com.

Take care!