Monday, February 23, 2009

Bloody morning...LITERALLY!

Maggie fell down two stairs this morning, which they do all the time, and cried like it killed her. Me being such a sympathetic mom says "get up your o.k."! Nattie starts crying and screaming "Naggie bleedin"! OMG!! BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!! At first I thought she split her lip but the blood is so bad it takes me a good 10 minutes to see that she just scraped a layer of skin off of the whole center of her lip. I think she had a paci in her mouth. Her upper lip is swollen and red and the bottom lip is huge and looks like raw meat. I called my neighbor to ask for suggestions on stopping the blood flow after a solid 20 minutes of it. Her suggestions are the same as what I am doing cold wet washcloths and ice. So I called the pedi office. And learned something new. Don't use wet cloths! They prevent clotting. Who knew? I sure didn't. Sure enough after another minute or two with a dry cloth it stopped.

Now does anybody have any suggestions on how to get blood out of what looks like a murder scene!! Carpet, brand new gymboree outfit!! I have them soaking in cold water with oxyclean in it. It's only 11:15 AM!! It's going to be a LONG day! Chet is out of town ALL week. It's going to be an even L-O-N-G-E-R week.

2 comments:

girlytwins said...

Oh no! I hope she heals well and your day gets better.

Laura said...

Oh no! I wanted you to know I am here, always reading.

Oxyclean is pretty amazing with blood so it should get it out. I have had good luck with blood other stains are actually more stubborn at times.

I hope you have a better week. Who knew a wet cloth was a mistake. LOL!